Tuesday 8 July 2014

Animation Process and equipment

I am using After effects mostly for my animation but i am also including some stop motion as well. I think these two methods together work for the music i have chosen for the video because it is quite unpredictable and sporadic.

My process started with Initial idea planning. Thinking of lost of different ideas and noting them down. Then analysing which ones are better than others and which ones have certain aspects that could be used with other ideas to strengthen them. The main goal of the animation is to suit the music which is in the video (Saukrates- Father Time)

StoryBoarding.
Although my storyboard ended up slightly altering from the animation. It is the crucial guide lines for  my animation. I storyboarded 6 scenes with 16 shots. Noting the character and assets movement, effects, text, audio and style



Asset creating
Before I could start animating on After Effects I had to create my assets that I was going to animate. I did this in Illistrator and made things like, Backdrops (grass, walls, sky etc.) Then I made characters and other elements like props for the characters to hold



Animation
I was using After Effects to animate so this involved the movement and adjustment of key frames to create character movement, Placing layers on top of other layers to get the desired compostion for my animation. I used a screen size of 1280 x 720



No comments:

Post a Comment